ISTJ: “Doing what should be done.”
Cassandra Bauer is a Drake University student majoring in Digital Media Production and minoring in Graphic Design. Cassandra has experience with a variety of published mediums. She has also written formal and informal articles, and has produced and filmed videos which have reached more than 10.6 million views.
Alongside her schooling, Cassandra has also gathered experience with Drake’s Athletics Department, the Times-Delphic, as well as a chapter of Spoon University on her campus. In the Athletics Department’s branch of Creative Services, Cassandra worked her way up from Camera Assistant to Replay Operator for in-house and ESPN3 games. At the Times-Delphic, Cassandra started as a part-time Photographer her freshmen year of college and made her way up to the position of full-time Photo Editor the second half of her sophomore year. In her Spoon University chapter, Cassandra started her freshmen year as a Photographer and Writer for the publication, and made her way up to become a Video Contributor by her second half of her freshmen year. Later, she went on to become Community Manager of the chapter in her junior year.
- What is your dream job?
- My dream is to become a documentary filmmaker for National Geographic, to travel, and to make enough money to live comfortably.
- Where are you from?
- I’m not really “from” anywhere. What I mean by this is I’ve never really spend my whole life in one place. Growing up, I moved every couple of years, bringing me from North Dakota, to Iowa, to Massachusetts, to two different places in New Jersey, to Wisconsin, to Missouri, and now I’m back in Iowa studying at Drake University.
- If you could live anywhere, where would it be?
- I don’t really see myself living in a single place for the rest of my life. I want to travel and to experience cultures and places I’m unfamiliar with. But if this question was narrowed down to where I would like to visit, I really want to visit Europe. Really anywhere would be amazing. I really want to do something I saw out of a movie once– In Yes Man, where Jim Carey takes Zooey Deschanel to the air port and they pick whichever flight was leaving first.
- What project are you most proud of?
- I have done a lot of projects in my career and I think the one I am most proud of is one I did during my internship at Northwest Passage. The video is about Cait Irwin, who is a muralist and worked with NWP for two summers to help provide art therapy to the kids of NWP.